Do you find that you have an unhealthy relationship with food? Are you feeling disconnected from yourself and others in your life? Are you restricting your food intake, worrying about "getting fat", trying to compensate for the things you do eat?
If so, you may be struggling with an eating disorder or could be showing warning signs of a developing eating disorder. In either case, you and I can work together to help bridge the gaps and disconnect the eating disorder has created in your life, and we can find ways for you to get a leg up on the eating disorder.
Disordered eating can include anorexia nervosa. bulimia, nervosa, binge eating disorder, and orthorexia.
In therapy, you and I will work together to improve your relationship with your body and food. We will identify habits and compensatory behaviors that you are engaging in. Together, we will create a treatment plan that will help you to learn healthy eating and exercising habits to fit your lifestyle.
Together we will:
- Reconnect with your body and your experience of emotions
- Learn to recognize the difference between physical hunger and emotional hunger
- Increase your ability to tolerate difficult emotions and how to regulate them
- Increase healthy coping skills
- Strengthen your relationship with food
- Utilize techniques to help balance your eating
- Improve body image and self-esteem
- Explore how interpersonal relationships play a role and how you can communicate needs and wants in these relationships
- Allow room for mistakes and ups & downs
- Learn self-care
- Identify unhelpful thinking traps
The relationship you have with your food and body is one of the most important relationships you will ever have. I'm here to help you make this relationship a fulfilling one.